Forts Due Fratelli

In April 1747, the hills currently occupied by the Due Fratelli (two brothers) were surrounded by entrenched walls.
Several trenches branched from this position.
The transformation of the redoubt of the Due Fratelli into a permanent construction was conceived by Codeviola in 1780 but was not implemented after all. In ancient times, the hills had already been referred to as the “Two Brothers”.
The origin of their names is due to the height and appearance of the two later fortifications.
The Fratello Maggiore (older brother) was architecturally bigger and formed by one tower only, at an altitude higher than the Fratello Minore (younger brother).

Fort Fratello Maggiore

Fort Fratello Minore
  • Fort Fratello Maggiore
  • Fort Fratello Minore