History of the building

The Palazzo Bianco can be regarded as the oldest and, at the same time, the most recent of the three sumptuous houses of the most distinguished aristocrats in Genoa, erected in via Garibaldi, the Strada Nuova, in the mid-16th century. The Palazzo Bianco was constructed for Luca Grimaldi, a member of one of the most important Genoese families, between 1530-1540. Located in a suburban area, the building had a rather simple shape and appearance, overlooking both the slope leading to the Church of San Francesco in Castelletto and the Palazzo della Meridiana, built in 1545 for Girolamo Grimaldi, who belonged to a different branch of the family.

>> Find out more



             

 

  • Palazzo Bianco - Scalone
  • Palazzo Bianco - Scalone
  • Palazzo Bianco - Interno