Villa Saluzzo Serra

An old building in the extreme Levante in the city of Genoa, the villa was sold in 1611 by Agostino Romeo, who had owned it since the end of the 16th century, to Bartolomeo Saluzzo to cope with a series of debts. According to unconfirmed sources, the building then passed to the Marquises Morando and, later, to the Marquises Serra at the beginning of the 19th century. It was possibly these new owners who commissioned the expansion of the villa in the side wings, east and west; the realisation of the interior decorations and outdoor sculptures, dating from the second half of the 18th century and the early years of the 20th century; and the almost complete restoration of the plot cultivated with olives, citruses and vegetables into a romantic park with a rich arboreal scent and very similar characteristics to the park of Gropallo.


>>Read more


  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - North View
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra -  South View
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - South View
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - South View
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - East View
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - Diana's statue
  • Villa Saluzzo Serra - Minerva's statue