Click here to view image
Anton Maria Maragliano (Genova, 1664-1739)
Carved, painted and golden wood
Without inv. no.
Church of SS. Nicolò and Erasmo, Voltri, Genoa
The two statues believed to be long lost, were fortunately found during the CEI cataloging of the Church of Ss. Nicolò and Erasmo di Voltri. They were commissioned on 14 February 1726 by the confreres of the Compagnia del Carmine to the sculptor for the altar of S. Sebastiano, paying 110 lire to the sculptor and eighty lire to Gottardo Torre for the pictorial decora-tion and gilding. They are an example, in small size, of Maragliano's sculptural and scenographic ability.